The business world is complex, sometimes cruel, and full of pitfalls. Not many experienced analysts can predict the development of the market. Students who study at business departments are often assigned with business research papers in which they need to investigate diverse companies, consumer behavior, and the flow of active assets.
However, teachers understand that students can’t be absolutely accurate in issues that concern the future or potential actions. Therefore, instructors usually evaluate students’ abilities to analyze and prove opinions. Also, they expect interesting business topics for research paper writing from students. Below, you will find unusual research paper topic ideas that you can use to complete your paper.
Business Topics for Research Paper: Workplace Diversity
What is work place diversity? Briefly speaking, it’s a company’s strategy that implies hiring employees of different ages, races, ethnicities, and genders. Is it just tolerance in an effective marketing strategy? Choose the subject for investigation below and find the answer to this question.
- How does gender influence a person’s ability to manage large and small teams?
- Why do companies that work in certain niches prefer to hire youth? Explain with an example of one or several similar organizations.
- How do the differences in ethnical cultures affect team-building processes?
- Are there difficulties in cross-functional cooperation of departments that contain people of different ages?
- What types of companies hire more men than women and why? Do they believe that stereotypes on the efficiency of such a hiring approach are empirically confirmed?
Business Topics for Research Paper: Management Techniques
A slew of factors affect the growth of companies, and one of the key factors is effective management. How entrepreneurs of top organizations build businesses so that they rapidly develop, as well as their strategies and techniques, are ideas you can explore by creating an essay on the topics below.
- What personal qualities should the perfect manager possess?
- How to find out preemptively that a person is ready to hold a managing position? Are psychological tests effective in defining this?
- How do entrepreneurs of big companies develop emotional resilience to stand out during a crisis?
- To what extent is top management responsible for building good relationships among colleagues?
- What steps should managers take to fulfill career longings and ambitions of each employee?
Business Topics for Research Paper: Success of Small Businesses
Though big companies have more sources for product enhancing and advertising, they sometimes lose small businesses in definite niches, such as bakeries, flower shops, coffee houses, and others. Why is it so? Try to understand how this happens by writing a paper. Here are some ideas:
- What types of products do consumers often purchase from small companies instead of big companies?
- What are the most effective strategies for promoting a small business?
- How would the market change if small businesses became extinct?
- What niches don’t fit small businesses?
- Is organizing a business with a friend a good or bad idea? What are advantages and disadvantages?
Business Topics for Research Paper: Franchises
Typically, businessmen buy franchises when they don’t want to spend much time on the concept of a brand, advertising, or marketing strategy. What are advantages and disadvantages of buying franchises? Investigate the issue using our topics:
- What are the disadvantages of buying a franchise comparing to setting up a new business?
- Why are fitness franchises becoming more and more popular?
- What franchise models exist and which should be chosen for a coffee house?
- Should franchisees promote the brands on their own or is it the responsibility of franchise holders?
- What items should be included in a franchise agreement to save the franchisees from spending much money without reward?
Business Topics for Research Paper: Globalization
Globalization has an impact on market tendencies and companies’ approaches towards consumers. Companies need to adopt new techniques and marketing strategies to satisfy consumers’ needs. Examine the following questions on globalization.
- What factors should companies consider when deciding the market and country of which they would like to come?
- How has consumer behavior changed since the beginning of globalization?
- How does the Chinese market benefit from globalization?
- Does the process of globalization still prosper, or will it inevitably see a decrease?
- How do business clusters move globalization?
Business Topics for Research Paper Ideas
- Will involvement in a charity make a company more popular and likable?
- If personal guns are banned, will this ruin the handgun production industry?
- Should minimum salary (or minimum wage) be canceled? If so, how do you evaluate each employee’s work?
- Will the traditional definition of commerce and retail die in 10-15 years, and shopping activity migrate entirely to the Internet?
- Is advertizing on the Internet more effective than other kinds of ads?
- Should tobacco production companies be obliged to pay more taxes or donate to cancer curing facilities?
- What are the main disadvantages of outsourcing?
- What role does business ethics play in making important decisions for a company?
- What roles do ethics and morality play in a business-oriented society?
- How do you make a museum exhibition interesting and marketable?
- What are the key factors that contributed to high sales rates of mobile phones in the last three years?
- What are the challenges faced by companies with international human resources?
- What are some old and rigid corporate rituals that are still present to this day?
- Is brainstorming as effective in creating business solutions and ideas as it is said to be?
- Define “healthy work environment.” How can you create one?
- What is the best country in 2016 to invest money in and why?
- How do both world crises and military conflicts influence business in the US?
- Is it true that people are more willing to pay for a famous brand than for a commodity with the same properties produced by a less famous brand? Why or why not?
- The power of image in modern business culture and its effect on consumers’ minds.
- What are some psychological tricks that make people buy more expensive goods or a higher quantity than they had originally planned?
- What is the culture of consumerism? Do you believe that it was artificially created by the largest companies for their own profit?
- How does feminism influence products for women (clothes, make up, etc.)?
- What are the most influential brands among teenagers in recent years?
- If recycling is made mandatory, will it influence the prices of goods? Will it be beneficial in the longer term?
- Is it acceptable for companies to be allowed to advertise their products in schools?
- How has social media changed marketing strategies that we use?
- Should every company hire a psychologist to deal with employee stress?
- Corporate sports and art classes as enhancers of creativity and healthy work environments.
- Why have start-ups become so popular in recent years? What is the reason for the occurrence of this phenomenon?
- How can entrepreneurs be encouraged to lead more eco-friendly policies in their companies?
Here you can also find international business research paper topics. In case you are interested in other subjects to write your research paper within, check out the list of outstanding research paper topics.
After looking through so many topics, you might be a little bit bewildered about what to choose. It’s better to select a subject that you partly discussed in class or which you care about. Also, you shouldn’t take easiness as a key criterion for making a choice. Some topics that can seem easy can turn out to be difficult, and vice versa. In case you are panicking and can’t concentrate on anything, apply to EssayShark.com research paper writing service. Our support team will help you to overcome academic challenges.
Research Paper: Identifying Key Concepts in Business and Management
Key concepts in business are important for the growth of any entity. This is because such concepts determine the direction in which the business is governed, and hence, they determine the success or failure of any business. By understanding the key concepts applied in the business environment, managers are able to avoid errors that may arise in business operations such as poor financial management. The purpose of this paper is to explore different concepts used in key areas of business operations. The key areas include dynamic business environment, critical business functions, the integration of individuals and systems, and ethics and social responsibilities that confront a business.
Dynamic business environment
In our text, Boone & Kurtz (2010) defined business management as the process of managing an organization by applying various business concepts on the set objectives. For the objectives to be met there must be stable functions of the organization such as good planning, organizing, coordination, and directing. These functions can be achieved through well co-ordinated management team. Therefore, good business management results into smooth flow of business activities. In a business set up, various dynamic business environments may affect the performance of the firm negatively or positively.
One of the key concepts in the area of dynamic business environment is economic changes. Economic changes refer to changing trends of general performance in an economy. Economic changes comprise of economic boom and recession. Economic boom has a positive effect on the business environment because businesses generate supernormal profits. Economic recession has a negative effect on business environment because it results into a slowdown in demand and thus a reduction in production. Firms and businesses wind up during economic cycle.
Another concept in the area of dynamic business environment is market conditions. Market conditions refer to the extent of demand and supply of goods and services in the market. Demand and supply are the main determinants of prices of goods and services. The presence of many competitions in the market results into a reduction in prices of goods and services. To beat this odd, Beaumont (2003) noted that a firm must differentiate its products by producing goods and providing services of high quality and standards as well as developing good relationships with the customers. Boone and Kurtz (2010) observed that maintaining good customer relations increases the sales revenue generated by the firm even when market conditions are unfavourable.
The other concept in the area of dynamic business environment is changes in government policies and regulations. Governments change regulations and business policies to regulate business activities. Such regulations may include high taxes imposed on businesses, changes in business registration requirements and policies for reduction in carbon emissions. Failure to observe these changes in government policies may lead to increased conflicts between the government and the firms thus destabilising business operations.
Critical business functions
An organization is divided into operation units that perform different functions. Such functions include human resource, sales and marketing, information technology, production or operation, research and development, finance and accounting and customer service. These functions are undertaken in different levels of management in the organization. These functions are interconnected in different ways. For example, the human resource trains people to work in customer service. The quality of customer service affects the sales generated by the firm. Research and development, generates new methods of production and operation. Information technology affects the extent to which the sales and marketing teams reach the customers in the market. The accounting and finance departments must work to ensure that the human resource receive their salaries in time as a way of motivating the human resource to perform their duties with dedication. In this regard, the concepts above are intertwined and they generate a positive effect in the long run if the management does not create barriers between the departments represented by the functions above.
Integration of individuals and systems
Boone and Kurtz (2010) noted that a smooth flow of activities can be achieved in the organization through proper co-ordination between the workers and the organizational management. The three types of communication flow that must be taken into consideration to enhance better business management include; (a) upward communication; (b) Horizontal flow of communication and (c) downward communication flow. Upward communications refer to communication between subordinates and managers. Managers should create a free and fair environment that allows them to welcome any worker with an issue.
Upward communication enhances the relationship between the managers and the workers which make the workers feel as part and parcel of the firm. Horizontal communications refer to positive relations between people of the same level. This means that departmental managers should develop positive relations in order to increase the connection of service delivery between the departments. This will allow effective information flow between the departments. In downward communication, messages and information flow from the managers to subordinates.
Effective and timely delivery of information from the manager to the subordinates enhances the time within which activities are undertaken in the firm. A delay in the flow of information from the manager delays every other activity being undertaken in the firm. Therefore, all persons from the manager to the subordinates must work together to achieve the desired objectives.
Ethical and social responsibilities that confront a business
Ethical responsibilities refer to the acceptable code of conducts that guide the behaviour of people in the organization. Ethical responsibilities may be determined by the government, customers, competitors and the business environment at large (Weybrecht, 2010). For example, courtesy in dealing with customers may be an important consideration in beating competitors. The dressing code may be determined by the government to enhance smartness during service delivery both in private and public held institutions.
Social responsibility refers to the society’s requirements towards the firm. For example, producing high quality products and selling the products at an affordable price is a social responsibility (Weybrecht, 2010). Additionally, adopting green production methods to reduce emission of green house gases is another social responsibility. Providing a safe and healthy working environment is another example of social responsibility.
Treating customers with courtesy and paying the pending debts in time is another important concept in the area of social responsibilities that confront a business. Positive behaviour concept in the organization includes relating with other people positively and following proper channels of dispute resolution. It also involves dressing smartly in the office in order to gain respect particularly from the customers. Ethical and social responsibilities are important considerations in the organization without which the business may not yield the desired objectives.
In the above sections, different areas that touch sufficiently on operations in the firm have been discussed. They include dynamic business environment where concepts such as economic changes, market conditions and changes in business regulations and policies. The other area discussed is critical business functions where concepts such as human resource, sales and marketing, finance and accounting, production or operation, information technology, research and development as well as customer service have been discussed. The area of integration of individuals and systems has also been discussed.
The concepts discussed here include upward communication, horizontal communication and, downward communication. All these make up the flow of communication in the organization. Further, the area of ethical and social responsibilities has been discussed. Among the concepts explored in this area include the responsibility of the firm towards the society in terms of employment, reduction in pollution of the environment and payment of better salaries and wages to the workers. Other concepts discussed in this area include proper dressing codes, handling of customers with care and using courteous language under the area of ethical responsibilities that confront the business. For any company to succeed, all these concepts must be taken into consideration because they may affect the business positively or negatively.
Get professional research paper writing help on Business Management topic from highly qualified academic writers. Order custom research papers now!
3.33 avg. rating (70% score) - 3 votes
Tags: business management essay, business management papers, business management research papers, business management term paper, Key Concepts in Business and Management