Purchasing Agent Resume Objective
The role of a purchasing agent is to acquire raw materials and equipment necessary for the operation of an organization or establishment. Purchases can include tools, supplies, machine components, or any other relevant goods or services. The agent is responsible for securing high-quality goods while working within budgetary restrictions, maintaining records of purchases, overseeing transportation of orders, and other duties relating to product acquisition. A well-crafted objective statement will illustrate your communication skills and detailed focus, qualities which most hiring managers desire for this role.
What The Purchasing Agent Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
This position typically requires an educational background in business and/or qualified professional experience, so be sure to detail either or both as applicable. Discuss general traits which pertain to the job such as analytical skills, developed ability to communicate both written and verbally, and comfort handling multiple tasks simultaneously. Time management skills are often considered valuable, as is an ability to work both independently and within teams. Highlight any existing knowledge which pertains to the particular industry you’re seeking to work in which may provide you with an advantage when it comes to acquiring relevant goods and services.
Sample Purchasing Agent Resume Objectives
Make an effort to summarize your most valued skills and experience in your objective statement but remember to display genuine interest in the employer as well. Use the company’s name to illustrate commitment and avoid appearance of boilerplate resume statements.
1. Seeking purchasing agent position with ABC Company that will allow for utilization of good organization and time management skills, refined standard of communication, and excellent attention to detail.
2. Detail-oriented purchasing agent seeks employment opportunity with ABC Company to apply two years of experience with major manufacturer of farm equipment and bachelor’s degree in business.
3. Motivated individual seeks purchasing agent position at ABC Company to utilize two years of grocery management experience which included large-volume ordering responsibilities and detailed record-keeping needs.
4. Former small business owner seeks purchasing agent position at ABC Company to apply acquired knowledge of buying, record keeping, and building effective working relationships with vendors.
5. Obtain purchasing agent position with ABC Company which will benefit from bachelor’s degree in business, keen focus on details, and excellent ability to manage time and costs.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
120 Vyse Street
10th April 2017
Dear Ms Graham,
I recently saw your advertisement on the Dayjob.com website for a Purchasing Assistant and would like to apply for the said position.
I come to you as an analytical thinker armed with lots of energy and character who is able to ensure that products are procured, at the required quantity, and at the correct time to ensure the optimum cost benefit to the company. I can make sure that the required level of stock is maintained on a consistent basis, and that the cost prices of this stock lead to a maximization of company profit.
Since 2016 I have been working for ................ in a role similar to the one you are looking to fill. My work requires me to regularly interact with suppliers, both foreign and domestic, to maintain pricing and delivery schedules. I also prepare spreadsheets of new supplier price lists, and monitor the effect that any price changes have on the competitiveness of the suppliers involved. I play a hands on role, get involved with everything that is going on around me and have been commended by my managers for contributing to meetings with questions, ideas and comments.
You can rely on me to process purchase invoices, reconcile supplier accounts, investigate unpaid items and support all ad hoc requests and reports as needed. I am confident in my ability to minimise failed deliveries through an effective management of progress chasing. I must also mention my ability to perform basic mathematical computations and apply concepts such as fractions and percentages to practical situations.
Right now, I am seeking the next challenge in my career and would like to work for a reputable company like yours that has a hardworking fun environment where the staff are at the centre of what the company wants to achieve.
Please find attached my CV with this cover letter for your kind consideration. I would like to close by thanking you for your time, and saying how much I look forward to hearing from you.
Tel: 0044 121 638 0026
Cover letter examples