Dear Ms. Johnson,
I am responding to your recent advertisement for the CNA job at Golden Acres Retirement Home. I have a certificate as a CNA and have worked at a nursing home in the same capacity for three years. I enjoy helping other people and providing patient care, and I know I have the skills you need for the job.
I am skilled at using Hoyer lifts to help lift patients out of bed into wheelchairs as well as into the bath and shower chairs. I help turn patients who are bedridden to prevent the development of bedsores. I am great at making small talk with patients and have good interpersonal skills.
I am not squeamish and have no problem with assisting with bathing and cleaning up accidents and vomit. My goal is to help residents be as safe and comfortable as possible while helping keep their rooms clean. I change linens and administer medications that nurses have prepared on carts.
I am a great CNA and I know the patients at Golden Acres Retirement Home would benefit if I was hired. I would like to schedule a time for an interview. Since I work the second shift, please call before 3:00 PM.
CNA Cover Letter
CNAs or Certified Nursing Assistants provide support to patients and help medical staff with their duties. Examples of CNA tasks include helping patients with hygiene, serving meals, administering medicines, ensuring patient comfort, maintaining records, maintaining patient information confidentiality, implementing hospital policies, and improving job knowledge. They are also responsible for taking educational opportunities to maintain their licensure.
Based on our collection of CNA example cover letters, essential qualifications for the job include:
- Medical teamwork and multitasking
- Bedside manners and confidentiality
- Nursing skills
- Health promotion and infection control
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
A sample cover letter for CNA showcasing some of these skills is available below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive CNA Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Carter:
As a skilled Certified Nurse Assistant with experience providing crucial healthcare services to a wide variety of patients, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume. My background in supporting patient care allows me to substantially assist Fairview Medical Center in meeting—and exceeding—its healthcare goals.
My career includes providing basic day-to-day patient support, monitoring and reporting patient progress, and liaising between cross-functional teams to coordinate all aspects of patient care. Additionally, I possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, enabling me to comfort patients struggling with fear, sadness, pain, loss, and/or anxiety.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Experience providing comprehensive patient care, including bathing, grooming, feeding, toileting, ambulating, basic nursing care, and other daily living activities.
- Adept at documenting and tracking patient care and progress, managing supply inventories, and adhering to all policies and guidelines while ensuring full patient confidentiality.
- Superior levels of reliability, flexibility, and organization; patient and punctual with a strong work ethic; level-headed in high-stress situations.
- Certified Nursing Assistant in Oregon State; certified in CPR and Basic Life Support (BLS).
With my expertise in assisting patients with a full range of nursing support tasks, I am confident I can greatly contribute to your organization. I look forward to discussing this opportunity and my qualifications in further detail. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to hearing from you.